Cyberport Incubation Programme 是數碼港對創意產業的資助計劃，之前沒想過申請，但剛花了半天寶貴的中秋假期填好申請表並提交了，正好趕及這輪十月五日的截止日期。
申請表其中一項是 “Objectives – the “why” of the company. Please state in clear and specific terms what the company aims to achieve”，我乾脆這樣寫：
Gameislive aims to bring healthy, low cost “green” entertainment to the grassroots.
With its addictive nature, electronic game has traditionally been perceived as “soft drugs” to youngster, especially in Chinese society. Even today when the Hong Kong Government claims to support the creative industry, websites with gaming information are blocked for people accessing the Internet with “GovWifi” in public library ( see http://ckxpress.com/oct1hexie )
[screen cap of GovWiFi blocking screen]
While we regard this as a naive understanding, an unfair accusation and arguably a discrimination, we do think the electronic game industry has a role to play to make games impose positive effects to the community.
We believe electronic game is a powerful tool, just like books, TV, movies and other media. When used in a positive way, games can not only bring fun and joy, but also convey healthy ideology and positive worldview.
If above is just a dream, as a bottom-line, mobile game is a new form of entertainment for not only the middle class but also the grassroots. In China in particular, the most prominent class of mobile game players are known to be the “three-low” users (三低, pronounced 3D in Putonghua to jokingly contrast to 3-dimensional), referring to people who are young, barely educated and with low income. For these people, mobile phones are one of the very few assets they have and mobile game has become an indispensable entertainment among them.
This is the “why” of Gameislive.
- Mr. Anthony AU, Director, Futuresuccess Consultants Ltd.
- Mr. Denis TSE Head of Private Markets – Asia, Lockheed Martin Investment Management Company
- Mr. Gabriel PANG Chairman, Hong Kong Digital Entertainment Association
- Prof. Hugh THOMAS Director, Center for Entrepreneurship, Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Mr. Raymond NEOH, Executive Committee Member, Hong Kong Game Industry Association (HKGIA)
- Dr. Russell WILLIAMS, Option Coordinator & Assistant Professor – Digital Graphic Communication, School of Communication, Hong Kong Baptist University
- Mr. Sunny LEE President, Hong Kong Computer Society
- Mr. Sutton CHEUNG, Chief Technology Officer, CITIC Pacific Ltd.
- Mr. William PFEIFFER, Chief Executive Officer, Tiger Gate Entertainment Ltd.
- Prof. Zhi-Qiang LIU Professor, School of Creative Media, City University of Hong Kong
- Dr. David CHUNG Head (ITO), Hong Kong Cyberport Management Company Ltd.